Scrapbook of material relating to the foundation of the Chelsea Polytechnic Institute.

Chelsea Polytechnic [the South-Western Polytechnic; Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea]
Publication details: 
1890-94 ; London.

The South-Western Polytechnic was opened at Manresa Road, Chelsea, in 1895, to provide scientific and technical education to Londoners. It changed its name to Chelsea Polytechnic in 1922. Renamed Chelsea College and formally incorporated into the University of London, 1971. An important collection, casting much light on the foundation of the College. In very good condition overall, despite being on paper discoloured with age and by glue. Five items.

Syndicate content