ANDERSON'S

[ Anderson's College, Medical Society, Glasgow. ] Degree Certificate of Oliver Sunderland, signed by Professor Matthew Charteris and Professor Samson Gemmell of the University of Glasgow, and five others.

Author: 
Anderson's College, Medical Society, Glasgow [ Matthew Charteris (1840-1897), Regius Professor of Materia Medica at Glasgow University; Samson Gemmell (1848-1913), Professor of Clinical Medicine ]
Publication details: 
Anderson's College, Medical Society, Glasgow. Dated 24 March 1883. Printed by Maclure & Macdonald, Glasgow.
£180.00

Anderson College was founded in 1796 following the will of John Anderson, Professor of Natural Philosophy at the University of Glasgow. Initially known as Anderson’s Institution, in 1828 it changed its name to Anderson’s University and finally to Anderson’s College in 1877. Its medical school was founded in 1800 when Dr John Burns commenced lectures on anatomy and surgery. In 1887 the medical school of Anderson’s College became a separate and distinct institution known as Anderson’s College Medical School. It merged with Glasgow University in 1947.

[ Anderson's College, Glasgow. ] First Class Certificate of Merit awarded to Oliver Sunderland, and signed by James Dunlop, Professor of Surgery. With certificate authorising Sunderland as a 'Public Vaccinator', signed by Dr Robert Cory.

Author: 
James Dunlop, Professor of Surgery, Anderson's College, Glasgow; Robert Cory, Medical Officer of the Privy Council and Local Government Board [ Oliver Sunderland; University of Glasgow ]
Publication details: 
Certificate from Anderson's College, Glasgow, for session 1880-81, undated. Certificate from Robert Cory, Medical Officer to the Privy Council, London, 15 December 1887, 'Printed by Ford & Tilt for Her Majesty's Stationery Office, Long Acre, W.C.'
£50.00

Anderson College was founded in 1796 following the will of John Anderson, Professor of Natural Philosophy at the University of Glasgow. Initially known as Anderson’s Institution, in 1828 it changed its name to Anderson’s University and finally to Anderson’s College in 1877. Its medical school was founded in 1800 when Dr John Burns commenced lectures on anatomy and surgery. In 1887 the medical school of Anderson’s College became a separate and distinct institution known as Anderson’s College Medical School. It merged with Glasgow University in 1947.

Syndicate content