[The Yorkshire College, Leeds; Victoria University; the Worshipful Company of Clothworkers of the City of London; Board of Education Reference Library]
Leeds: Goodall and Suddick, Ltd. 1903.
16pp., 4to. Frontispiece and ten half-page black and white photographic illustrations. Stitched. In grey printed wraps. In good condition, lightly aged and worn, with stamps, shelf-mark and red label of the Board of Education Reference Library. Loosely inserted is a printed circular (1p., 4to) from W. F.
[The Yorkshire College, Leeds; Victoria College; Leeds University; Board of Education Reference Library]
Five printed by McCorquodale & Co. Limited, Leeds, and three by Jowett & Sowry, Printers and Lithographers, 78 Albion Street, Leeds. Dating from between 1893-1894 and 1903-1904.
The Yorkshire College of Science was founded in 1874, and merged with Owens College, Manchester, and University College, Liverpool, to form Victoria University ten years later. In 1904, King Edward VII granted Leeds University its own Charter as an independent institution. The nine items from the Board of Education Reference Library, and carrying its stamps, shelf-marks and red labels. All nine in fair condition, on lightly aged and worn paper. Comprising: ONE. 'Department of Agriculture. Third Report, 1893-4.' 48pp., 8vo. In light-blue printed wraps. TWO. 'Department of Agriculture.