[Publication Committee, Presbyterian Church of England, 18 Paternoster Square, London.] Engraved card announcing that the Committee have taken possession of the premises and made them into a shop and offices; with plan of premises on reverse.
The text is engraved in copperplate on one side of a piece of card, with plan on reverse of the the premises at 18 Paternoster Square, with Newgate Street, Warwick Lane, Rose Street and Paternoster Row also shown. In fair condition, on lightly-aged paper, with unobtrusive vertical crease. A nice piece of nineteenth-century London book trade ephemera. The text reads: 'Publication Committee | Presbyterian Church of England, | 18 Paternoster Square. | The Committee have taken possession of these premises consisting of a Shop on the ground floor, and other accomodation [sic] required for the Committee's work. | Besides the Publications of the Church the Committee supply Church books and forms and other publications on the most favourable terms for cash. | For position of the Committee's premises see plan on other side.' The card has an old-fashioned feel for the 1880s, but external evidence dates the Committee's presence at 18 Paternoster Square to between around 1882 and 1901.